Every day is spent asking questions. Ambiguous. Vital. Pointless. Out loud. Silently. Through gritted teeth. Cheerily. Grimaced. Happily. Passive aggressively. Rhetorically. In need of reply. Vague. With a smile. As part of the internal monologue. ..
So today I am penning it. Today I would like to know the following. Don’t expect deep philosophical mind benders. In no particular order…
I would like to know….
- What happened to Elizabeth? ? I can’t get to finish my book! It is just that reading (my absolutely FAVOURITE thing to do) is taking a backseat because of my baby world. That is OK. It will return. In the meantime it us taking me ages to read a book that once took no length. This doesn’t matter for some books, but this one demands my attention. I love this story, poignant and bittersweet as it is. I have an idea of what may have happened to Elizabeth (but not Sukey) I just need to finish the book to be sure! ! Maybe page turners are the best if you don’t have time to turn the page! More suspense.
- When will ‘rested’ be a consistent feeling again? Two small children. I can feel your eyeroll! I can ask though, can’t I?!
- Where does the dust and dirt come from ? In such quantities. At such speed. Why can’t dust swap with money?? Why do I care so much about cleaning when a clean home is so temporary?
- How much will my work life change in the next two years? My job is changing. My school is amalgamating with another. It is our school however that moves site meaning the physical and probably emotional alteration will be ours. I love my job and school. I hope so much that I will grow to love the new. This year is our last in our old school. I am allowed to be a little emotional surely? Change I can handle. Two small children bring a world of change already. I can’t handle too much more…
- Who killed McGonagall? You know when a serial TV show features a killer (serial or otherwise)? You spend weeks. Who killed JR/Mr Burns/Lucy Beale etc.? In fact I never got into any of those particular mysteries. Who killed Danny in Broadchurch-that sure got me hooked. So my husband and I follow fairly new Irish soap Red Rock. Nasty garda McGonagall got his comeuppance. We all are gripped to know whodunnit. They end the series on a cliffhanger for the summer. G’wan. I will barely care by September! !
- What do my new glasses look like? Is my face now different to the outside world? My precious angels, my little girls must take mutual blame here. Ask Gigi who broke my glasses however and she will give you the large, eye blinking ‘Betsy did that’ reason. Betsy was pulling them off my face. Gigi tried stop her. In the fracas a leg came away. Do I need them badly? Yup! A sellotaped Jack Duckworth style wearing week later, I have new ones. I chose swiftly. I have taken no time to see if they ‘suit’ my face. Children give you that freedom. You no longer have time for trifling worries! It is only a sporadic minute (like now) I wonder if I changed much and am interested in how little I care where once I cared so much. I took no selfie. Am I out of touch?
- What will the good people at Glenisk do if my daughter loses her taste for their yoghurt? I just wonder how much yoghurt a little girl can want. If Betsy is the same, we will need yoghurt loans.
- Am I a bad parent for looking forward to next trip away with husband? I love these ladies. More and more we are becoming a family who can work trips outdoors. It is getting more fun all the time. Can I be forgiven though for looking forward to a day with Mr Paper? To giggle and laugh like when we first dated?
- Is my little girl done with Peppa?
Gigi likes other cartoons now. Peppa is an occasional view. Did we leave it too late to visit Peppa Pig World? Is Dora the new Peppa? I will miss that pink pig.
10. Will the day soon come where I haven’t got a whiney physical complaint? From plantar fascitis to ear aches, apres birth issues to strange gum pain, I have had so much to complain about. Time for it to go people!
Bonus Wonder. I would like to know how my girls are so ridiculously cute to watch play together? How did we get these dotes? As hairy as life gets being a parent, we are head over heels in love with these magic wee pixies. Why us? Why do we get these wonderful girls? Lucky, lucky folk. We are helplessly grateful.
Many of these have answers I will learn soon. Some matter. Others don’t. As each one is answered, I will replace it with another. The brain rolls on and on, a stream of consciousness Joyce can barely document.
Why do cheeky flies always return to the same spot even when you have disinfected? How come I boil the kettle all day but when I need it it needs refilling? Why is it that when I have a relaxing night I can’t sleep? How is it that…why…what if…should I…could we have…will we…who said. ..
You get the picture…I got questions!
If you could take the time to place a vote for this blog in the Littlewoods Blog Awards for Parenting Blog, we would be very happy! Thank you so much! You can Click Here if you so wish or the link at the side of this page. We are so surprised to be shortlisted alone!